Wednesday, May 25, 2016

GES #2 (Timberline, WV) is being postponed until a later date in the July-August time frame

We regret to inform everyone that due to excessive spring rains,  ground moisture,  and forecast weather for the next two weeks…   Timberline’s required off season lift service work cannot be guaranteed to be completed by June 17-19th.    Without this required service the resort insurer will not allow use of the lifts.  Therefore, to give racers adequate time to reschedule / rearrange travel plans and rather than wait longer to determine viability of the project completion date we have jointly, along with Timberline, decided to postpone and reschedule. 

We became aware of the service project implications this week as the original schedule has slipped due to the weather/ground conditions  at or below a  60/40 %  or less likelihood of full project  completion by June 17th.

We would like everyone to know that Timberline is doing everything in it’s power to complete the service work as soon as possible.  The lift operation is critical to the success of organization and is given the utmost priority.  The Maxxis Gravity East Series fully supports  Timberline Four Seasons Resort,  in their efforts to maintain the lifts & service,  in the best  interests of riders and the resort community.

We should be coming to an agreement on the new date within the next 3 to 5 days and will post more info as soon as it’s available.

No comments:

Post a Comment